104 HP
106 LB-FT
Curb Weight
2350 LB
Front Wheel Drive
Engine Size
1.6 L
Transmission Type
MPG (City/Highway)
26 MPG

The day the rear oil seal blew up was the day the car had a new meaning. The seal blew up due to cold weather which caused the oil to be too thick and it blew off. It sat for many months before getting around to it. It sat in our driveway for awhile until we moved it outside of my dad's work. As winter was ending we decided it'd be time to take it home. The car ran but it would dump loads of oil so we just towed it home. It sat in the garage for a couple weeks as it was to cold to work on it. First things first we needed to know what was wrong with the car. we started with the oil pan and maybe just needed a new gasket. While we were taking off the bolts for the pan we decided to stop and rethink. It had to be something else because far too much oil was dumping out of it. We went with the oil seal. So we began to prepare to pull the engine. We did most things but needed an engine lift so after a couple weeks we were able to get our hands on one. After we got the engine out it actually sat for a couple weeks as we didnt have time to be messing with it. One night I wasn't gonna stop until i made it to the seal. I got the transmission off and was taking every part off waiting to get there. until got to the flex plate the bolts were LOCKED on there! It took hours to get it off and to the seal. The seal was in fine condition it just popped off but we still put a new one on because all the work it was. Putting it back together was easy. The hardest part was trying to put the transmission back on the engine. I thought putting the engine back in the car was gonna be a struggle as there was crap everywhere! It only took a couple hours though. The only reason why it would start was cause the transmission cable was in drive while the shifter was in park. Once that was fixed, it started right up! It ran flawlessly, no leaks, or rattles, no nothing. Until.. A couple weeks later when it began to sputter and backfire. No idea what it could had been, we began taking things apart but it kept doing it. We changed the spark plugs because one of the cylinders wasn't firing which was due to dirty fuel injectors. We cleaned them the best we could and it ran great again. Currently we still need to fix the fuel injectors as the problem has come back.   

Discuss this build

See whose at the top of the Wheelwell Accent Leaderboard