After almost 10 years it was finally time for me to part ways with the wagon. It had just been sitting in the back of my dad's garage for the past 6 years or so and he wanted his space back. I hadn't touched it to work on in at least 8 years. It went to a Willys/Jeep enthusiast who really wasn't sure on what he was actually going to do to it but had quite a few good ideas.
Old missing emblemsBoth emblems were pretty much gone. Order a couple new emblem stickers and got them installed.Thoroughly satisfied to how they look. For anyone who owns a Saab and needs new emblems: check out focuslima on eBay. He has great prices and makes some quality emblems.
Tried to finish my turbo install yesterday but the weather was not cooperating. It's in and all connections are made, I even got it to make mad turbo noises. Just need to fix a small leak, attach some shields and if I have time I'll modify and install the 3" downpipe I bought to go with it. I can't wait to see how much punch this has compared to the stock T28.
Trying to find out why my Saab was smoking and using tons of oil. I was just buttoning up fixing a couple seals when I decided to pull the inlet pipe off of my stock turbo (Garrett T25) and see this:There was a couple thousandths of an inch play radially and over 1/8" play side to side. Along with that were marks that the impeller was hitting the housing. Good thing I already have a line on a TD04HL-15T to upgrade to locally. I'm looking forward to more boost.
Taking these pieces home last night felt like a huge victory. I had been looking since September for a partout that was close to me and wasn't charging astronomical prices. After a random Facebook marketplace search about a week ago I found a guy parting a 3231 the same year as my 328i. It took almost 2.5 hours just to cut out the rear quarter panel (as well as about 5 cut off wheels). I also grabbed the door and a power steering pump off it. I may end up going back for more stuff.
Went out to the local big box hardware store and picked up some painting supplies. 2 cans of self etching primer, 3 cans of semi-gloss black, a can of semi-gloss purple, and 2 cans of satin clear.The "final" scheme is to strip the wheels completely, prime them, put a few coats of the black over everything but the lip, paint the lips with the purple and coat it all with satin finish clear coat. This of course may change if my wife likes how the gloss looks before clear (my preferred choice) or if I can find some Rustoleum color shifting paint cheaper than AutoZone has it ($22 a can).The purple I got for paint is actually a bit darker than this. This was just a rough idea in Paint. We held up some paint swatches from the store to the car and didn't like how the brighter purples looked. I did yet another quick edit in paint to get a feel for how it would look when it's all done.